Las Vegas shooting probe totally rocked

Jake Baker  ·  October 12, 2017  ·  Featured, Terror, Left Wing Ideology, Leftist Bullies, U.S. News, Crime and justice, Culture

By: LEO HOHMANN

The fallout continued Wednesday from police altering the timeline of the Oct. 1 massacre at a concert outside the Mandalay Bay hotel in Las Vegas, and now a hotel worker has emerged saying he warned the hotel staff that a shooter was on the 32nd floor before he unloaded a hail fire of bullets down onto the crowd below.

Police late Monday shifted the timeline of the shooting to start when security guard Jesus Campos was shot by Stephen Paddock as he approached Paddock's hotel room on the 32nd floor. The shots Paddock fired at Campos occurred at least six minutes before Paddock began firing down on the unsuspecting country-music fans gathered for the Route 91 concert. He killed 58 and injured nearly 500 in the worst mass shooting in modern American history.

In a press conference Monday, Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said Campos was shot in the leg at 9:59 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 1. The first shots at the Route 91 Music Festival were fired at 10:05 p.m.

This "kinda changes the narrative," said Muhammad Aziz, an attorney for 21-year-old Paige Gasper, a college student who was at the concert and suffered a serious gunshot wound that shattered her rib cage and lacerated her liver.

Gasper was then trampled by those fleeing the chaos until someone picked her up and took her to a hospital.

"The other thing that's interesting is that now MGM is saying the police could be wrong on their timeline and is refusing to comment on it, and I think the first big question to me is, why did the security guard go up there to begin with?" Aziz said Wednesday. "What was the situation? The six minutes is a long time.

"The second question is, did he use his radio to call the front desk ... and was 911 called? And the whole chain of command seemed to have broken down here because for six minutes nothing happened and then this criminal started shooting at these innocent people, so the timeline is extremely crucial and so is a big part of the lawsuit and the investigation."

Ten days after the horrific shooting, police still have provided no motive, and the frequent changes in the facts being released to the public have fueled conspiracy theories on exactly what happened that night.

One of the most frequent theories is that Paddock was not the only shooter, something police continue to debunk.

ISIS has claimed credit for the attack but the FBI says they have zero evidence linking Paddock to the terrorist organization.

Hotel worker comes forward with key info

Another new revelation surfaced Wednesday in the form of a hotel maintenance worker who called hotel dispatchers and warned that a man with a gun was inside the hotel - after Campos had been shot but before the gunman opened fire on the crowd below.

Worker Stephen Schuck said he told the hotel staff to call police and report a gunman had opened fire with a rifle inside Mandalay Bay before the shooter began his ballistic assault on the music fans, according to an NBC News report.

The revised timeline has renewed questions about whether better communication might have allowed police to respond more quickly and take out the gunman before he unleashed some 2,000 rounds of ammo on the fleeing crowd.

Schuck told NBC he was checking out a report of a jammed fire door on the 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay when he heard gunshots and an injured hotel security guard, later identified as Campos, peeked out from an alcove and warned him to take cover.

"As soon as I started to go to a door to my left the rounds started coming down the hallway," Schuck said. "I could feel them pass right behind my head."

"It was kind of relentless so I called over the radio what was going on," he said. "As soon as the shooting stopped we made our way down the hallway and took cover again and then the shooting started again."

The earlier reports from police, repeated for a solid week, said Campos emerged at the shooter's hotel door after the massacre down below, and that the shooter killed himself after firing shots through the door at Campos. Sheriff Lombardo hailed Campos as a hero because he said if he hadn't engaged the shooter at the hotel door the shooter would have killed many more concert-goers.

This has spurred many more questions as to why the police held to their original story so long, why they finally changed it, and what this means for the hotel and the investigation.

Clearly the hotel is not happy with the change. Its owner, MGM Resorts International, released a statement Wednesday saying it could not confirm the accuracy of the new timeline released by police.

"This remains an ongoing investigation with a lot of moving parts. As evidenced by law enforcement briefings over the past week, many facts are still unverified and continue to change as events are under review," MGM Resorts International spokeswoman Debra DeShong said in a statement. "We cannot be certain about the most recent timeline that has been communicated publicly, and we believe what is currently being expressed may not be accurate."

Lawyers for the family of Paige Gasper allege the hotel owner was "negligent or grossly negligent" in its failure to monitor guests coming and going from the property and for not training employees to notice suspicious activity by guests. The suit also alleges the hotel did not respond quickly enough to the reports of shots fired at their own security guard on the 32nd floor.

"At all relevant times, Defendants MGM, and/or Mandalay Corp ... knew or should have known that it was reasonably foreseeable that a breach of their duties to keep their premises reasonably safe in the aforementioned manner might result in catastrophic injury perpetrated by a gun-toting guest with an extreme intention to harm others," the complaint reads.

Gasper is seeking at least $15,000 in damages to cover her medical costs. She is the first to file a lawsuit in relation to the mass shooting but will almost certainly not be the last.

Randy Sutton, a former Las Vegas police lieutenant, said there were actually two officers on the ground at the Mandalay Bay before the shooting.

"The difference in the timeline, this is really significant because if there was nearly six minutes and those officers could have walked to the elevator and up to the 32 floor this could have had a completely different outcome," Sutton told Fox News anchor Neil Cavuto on Wednesday.

Attorney Emily Campagno told Cavuto, "it probably behooves them {MGM] to settle. It's a foreseeability issue, they had those six minutes... It's incumbent upon them to know who they are letting in and bankrolling them essentially by comping him."

MGM confirmed there were no security cameras in the hotel hallways for reasons of "privacy."

There are also new questions about Campos. Was he an employee of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino or was he a contractor?

It's a super big red flag.

Article source: http://www.wnd.com/2017/10/las-vegas-shooting-probe-totally-rocked/

Terror, Police, Las Vegas, Timeline, Police , Mandalay Bay, Stephen Paddock, Security Guard, Hwy 91 Concert

Be the first to comment!

To leave a comment, please Login or Register